Pilates for Pre-natal and Post-natal Health
Pregnancy is like running a marathon. Having good physical and mental preparation, as well as fulfilling your body's nutritional needs are vital for it to be enjoyable.
Practicing Pilates is beneficial for women prenatally and postnatally. Here are some benefits of Prenatal Pilates and Post-natal Pilates classes:
- Motion is Lotion, doing Pilates and moving the right ways, helps your body good musculoskeletal functions
- With the increase of relaxin hormones produced in the body during pregnancy, your body will need a better and balanced support system, which allows the body to relax and grow, and supports the body structurally and maintain functional mobility during these 10 months of changes.
- Better posture, balance and support during Pregnancy means less chances of aches and pain.
- Regular exercises and mindfulness activities help to relax the mind, giving you a more positive headspace and wellbeing for welcoming this new life
- Practicing mindful movements improves your body's connectivity and body awareness which helps with the natural birth process
- Pilates can strengthen the body and provides you with correct breathing that helps with the natural birth process
- With better body awareness and breathing technique, your body can recover much quicker during the postpartum period
- Pilates provides you the skills to keep up with your women's health to avoid situation such as prolapse, incontinence or a weak pelvic floor after birth.
In General, Practicing Pilates gives your body better posture, strength and functional mobility during pregnancy. If you are interested to know more about our pre and post-natal classes. Contact us now.
- Karen Leung, Head of Pilates at Mindful Pilates Hong Kong