The Health Benefits of Pilates
Pilates targets the deep postural muscles, building strength from the inside out, rebalancing the body and bringing it into correct alignment. It helps to reshape the body, which will become longer, leaner and more toned. It will also improve your posture, achieving the perfect balance between strength and flexibility, and it is a great way to relieve unwanted stress and tension.
Perfect for athletes looking to enhance their performance and minimize the risk of injury, Pilates is also ideal for first-time exercisers. Its slow, controlled approach means that it gives much longer-term results. It is especially recommended by medical specialists for those with back problems.
Here’s a summary of the benefits to be gained from prolonged and correct practice of Mindful Pilates:
• Deep muscle tension release
• Postural correction and proper body alignment
• Pain relief
• Stress relief
• Improved mental focus and concentration
• Holistic awareness of the body
• Improved health of the spine and nervous system
• Improved organ function
• Enhanced immune function and lower blood pressure
• Overall emotional balancing and health for the mind, body and spirit, leading to a happier life!