Online Classes Policies & Guidelines
Please read the following guidelines to understand how a Mindful Pilates zoom class works.
How to Set Up?
- Download Zoom, please go to https://www.zoom.us and it is free to sign up for an account.
- If you are using a phone or an iPad, it’s best to use a tripod.
- If you are using a laptop, you can raise it up by placing it on a chair or a desk.
- If you would like to get personalized correction, enable the camera function when you log in.
- Test your video function and be sure that your camera can capture both you and the mat.
- We find that the best distance between the mat and the camera is around 2 meters.
- The session will begin on-time, please log-in 5 minutes before each session begins. (Please note: To avoid interruption, once the class begins, you may not be able to sign in)
- Please do not unmute in the middle of a class due to possible disturbance of background noise.
- An email with the class log-in information will be sent to you no less than 30 minutes before a session begins.
- If you have trouble setting up, email firstname.lastname@example.org
What To Prepare
- A Zoom account. (It’s free to sign up)
- An electronic device with internet access for viewing
- Test your camera and microphone
- Internet access
- An exercise mat
- Pilates pillows, or a large towel (to be rolled up as a back or head support)
- A soft ball (available for purchase) or use a large rolled up towel
- We will cover the usual injuries and safety checks at the beginning of the class. If you have any injuries, aches and pains, this will be the time for you to tell the instructor.
- The instructor will demonstrate each exercise first before taking a closer look at your movement.
- Objectives and safety tips for each exercise will be provided.
- Personalized corrections will be provided to those who enable the camera function.
- Personalised improvement suggestions will be discussed at the end of the class.
- The class will finish at 60 minutes.
- If the session time runs out and you have a question to ask, feel free to email email@example.com
General Booking Rules
- Our online classes share the same booking rules as our studio classes.
- The 24 hours cancellation policy applies to all classes including online classes.
- Therefore, if you wish to cancel or reschedule your booking, please do so at least 24 hours ahead of class start time.
- To ensure everyone has a fair chance to book our classes, late cancellation cannot be rescheduled or refunded.
Quick Tips for the Best Experience
- Check the camera and mic settings in advance
- Enter the classroom 5 minutes before start time
- Please keep your microphone muted when you enter the online classroom
- Pay attention to the demo of each exercise and observe the movement details
- Align correctly by using the tactile feedback tips
- Follow the step by step progression
- Build awareness on the quality of your movements
- Take a rest and drink some water whenever you need it
- If you are in doubt regarding your movement quality, get back to the start position
- Save your questions for the 10-minute discussion time at the end of the class
Hang on… is it suitable for me?
We want to provide you a safe and enjoyable experience.
If you are a pre-natal or postnatal student, suffering from severe back pain, or recovering from an injury, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a phone or zoom consultation with our Head of Pilates before signing up. The consultation is complimentary because we care about you.
Want More Privacy?
Sure. Online Private lessons are available by appointment. If you want to know more about it, kindly email email@example.com.